- Paid Parental Leave Increases
- In Work Tax Credit Change - Removal of "hours" test
- ACC Levies remain unchanged
- Support for Apprentices and Other Learners
- The Internet Age and The Privacy Act 2020
- Employment Rights in COVID 19
- Rental Property Alerts
- How much Tourism do we want?
- Livestock Valuations - Declines in the Herd Scheme Values
- Changing of the Guard
- Light Humour - Self Assessment
- NZ Business Number - Global Identifier
- Transparent Remuneration Package
- Something for everyone - Tax Changes to Provide Cashflow Advantages
- Coronavirus and X Chromosome
- Wage Subsidy Extension
- Our New Staff Member - Jeani Coetzee
- Livestock Valuation
- Light Humour - Rubber Gloves
- Employee Use of Telecommunications and Usage Plans
- COVID 19 Information for Landlords
- Graham & Dobson in Lockdown Level 3
- Government COVID 19 Assistance for Businesses
- Weekly Wage Subsidy vs Lump Sum Payment?
- Wage Subsidy for Sole Traders/Contractors
- Work, Sleep, Eat, Repeat!!! (Working from home during COVID 19)
- Up-to-date Email Addresses in myIR
- The making of ANZAC Day
- Minimum Hourly Wage Rates from 1 April 2020
- Light Humour - Taxi, Taxi...
- Summer Holidays - Annual Leave in Advance
- Road Tax Misery
- RWT Changes - Providing your IRD Number and Exemption Certificates
- Choosing the Right Secondary Tax Code
- Are You Responsible?
- Australian Bushfires
- Landlord and Tenant Updates
- Agricultural Emissions
- Compliance for "Internet Enabled" Connected Gadgets
- Light Humour - Driven and Outsmarting an Old Geezer
- Generation Z - The Workforce of the Future
- Ever Dreamt Of Being Your Own Boss? - Wacky ideas to Inspire you
- Playground in Parliament
- Preparing for the Christmas Season - Employer's Guide to Cancelling a Shift
- Cloud Based Accounting and Payroll Data - What Are Your Responsibilities
- Governance for Small Businesses
- Three's a Cruise Ship Crowd
- Light Humour - What Goes Around!
- IRD to stop taking cheques – March 2020
- 5 Steps to Protecting your Identity
- Income Tax Scams
- Unusual Tax Rulings in the US
- Residential Bright Line Test
- Kiwi Access Identity Cards
- The New Trusts Act – 30 January 2021
- The Minimum KiwiSaver Contribution Rate – will this be enough?
- Captain Cook's Cartography Achievements
- Light Humour – Perfect Eyesight
- Increase of Paid Parental Leave from 1 July
- Immigration's levy on foreign visitors
- Buying or selling a property? – requirement to have an IRD number
- To reuse or not to reuse…? The coffee cup dilemma
- Annual A&P Show Pet Competition
- Ring Fencing your Residential Rental Property Losses
- Emergency Locator Beacon (Rural farmers aid to survival)
- Tax Evasion – the "black economy".
- Don't be scammed – Fake IRD Tax Refund Emails
- Recycling - Good place for a "Cigarette Butt".
- Light Humour – The Geography of a Woman and a Man
- IRD's consulting on tax obligations for various forms of residential rental re Air Bnb, Bookabach, boarders or home-stay students etc
- Tax Informant – is this the job for you?
- Scammers Alive!!! Why you shouldn't reveal passwords or important information
- Selling or buying tax? Flexibility regarding tax obligations.
- American Fast-food chains - Paying employees as fast as their food
- Crush Protection on Quad Bikes - WorkSafe's recommendations.
- Are you paying the correct KiwiSaver Prescribed Investor Rate?
- Claiming Vehicle Costs
- National Average Market Values for the years 2016-2019
- Light Humour - Backyard Stuff!
- Minimum Wage Increase
- One Billion Trees - Government's Grant for the establishing, maintaining and regeneration of trees for at least a 10 year period
- KiwiSaver Changes - New Contribution Rates of 6% and 10%
- Heating & Ventilation - Landlord Responsibilities for their Rental Properties
- Landlords - Proposed changes to deducting losses made from residential rental properties.
- New Mileage Reimbursement Rates
- Employee vs Contractor - The real nature of the relationship
- Working for Accommodation - Tax and other related implications
- GST on Low Value Imported Goods $1,000 or less
- Winding up a Company - The Process
- Wage & Salary Earners - Welcome to the New Age!
- Light Humour - All Too True!
- The Tax Working Group's Recommendations
- Capital Gains Tax
- Retirement Savings
- International Tax
- Raising the Low Income Tax Threshold
- Simplifying Small Business Tax Compliance
- Ir-File Discontinuing. Are you ready for Payday Filing
- 2018 Law Changes - Letting fees ban; Payday filing; New hazardous substances regulations
- Employment Law Changes
- Employee Information Reminder
- Are Bad Debts Tax-Deductible?
- Light Humour - The Italian Book Keeper
- Is it appropriate for IRD to contact clients directly?
- Deductible Legal Expenses when buying or selling a rental property
- CashManager Rural Retirement - Rural Online Migration
- Tax Invoice Documentation - the arrival of electronic invoices
- The Three Certain things in Life - Death, Taxes and Employment Agreements!
- Employers and Domestic Violence Leave - Preparing for the law change in April 2019
- The Coalition's stance on Capital Gains Tax
- Town & Around - Joanna Bradnock
- Light Humour - Champagne Christmas
- Offshore persons applying for IRD Numbers - Satisfying the IRD Commissioner
- Kiwibuild Homes - What, Where and Eligibility
- Road User Charge increases from 1 October 2018
- Are you ready for Payday Reporting - Employer Obligations for PAYE "Payday" filing
- The Definition of a "Payday"
- Insulating Rentals before the compulsory date of 1 July 2019
- The End of Tripod Farm Petrol Tanks
- Anti Money Laundering - Graham & Dobson Compliance Requirements
- Staff Member in the Spotlight - Rachel Cook
- Light Humour - Any Last Requests
- IRD Requests to pay Tax now being sent directly to clients
- GST Refunds withheld - what are you rights?
- Australian Biosecurity - "Don't be sorry, just declare it!
- A Dream Project- BCITO Apprentice project encouraging more young Kiwis to sign up for a building apprenticeship
- Anti Money Laundering Compliance - A significant problem in New Zealand and worldwide.
- POLi Internet Banking - G&D now offer POLi Internet Banking to pay invoices
- Work Related Meetings - Employees must be paid!
- Illegal Interview Questions - What you need to know
- Investment Properties for Land-type Businesses
- Vehicle Registrations - Top Five Selling Vehicles
- Does your Employment Agreement contain the mandatory terms required?
- Parliament and Cameras
- Poverty Bay A&P Show - Pet Competition - G&D Diamond Sponsor
- Light Humour - Not Food as we knew it!
- Best Start Tax Credit – A new weekly payment for babies born on or after 1 July 2018
- Changes to Paid Parental Leave from 18 weeks to maximum of 22 weeks
- Cryptocurrency and Tax. What do you need to know?
- Swift Acceptance of a Heated Resignation – An unjustified Dismissal?
- Key Messages for Employers – Holiday and Leave Entitlements.
- Interest-Free Advances to assist with Home Insulation
- Companies Office Website Access Security
- Wellbeing in the Workplace – Promoting good health and wellness within the workplace.
- Livestock Valuation – National Average Market (Herd) Values 2015-2018
- Light Humour – Seeing Eye to Eye!
- Auckland's new petrol tax to raise funds for 10 year transport programme
- Congratulations to G&D client announced as winner of Gisborne/Wairoa Hill Country Farmer of the year
- 2018 increase to paid parental leave scheme
- Trouble in toyland as older brands struggle to keep up with digital technology
- IRD audits – what you need to know
- Employment: Trial Periods vs. Probationary Periods
- Public holidays and 'otherwise working day' considerations
- Compulsory insurance for builders?
- Light humour... The Bagpiper
- Minimum wage increase from 1 April 2018
- NZ trailblazing uncharted territory for pay parity
- Livestock rustling creating serious risk to farmers and their businesses... amendment bill to deter this is before Parliament
- Tip jar squabbles in USA - who 'owns' the tips? Proposed rule changes pending...
- Food sellers - are you registered for the new Food Act which comes into effect 1 April 2018?
- Callaghan Innovation - are you aware of this crown entity offering research and development grants?
- Enduring Powers of Attorney - some things you need to know
- Employment Law - proposed changes regarding breaks, trial periods, collective agreements and unions
- Car Insurance and warranty products - it is important to know what you are paying for
- Light humour... Married 50 years!
- IRD attempting to make tax simpler - draft bill in parliament proposes collecting more information on various earnings much more frequently
- Are you earning income from YouTube or other online platforms?
- The right to disconnect and not check emails during rest periods
- Do you hire 'casual' employees? A note of caution regarding holiday and leave entitlements
- The "Internet of Things" - The evolution of internet connectivity and networking across various devices
- Annual leave entitlement and 'continuous' employment - the effect of unpaid leave
- The commercial use of drones
- Does your business use petrol for purposes other than driving on public roads? You may be entitled to and excise duty refund.
- Light humour... the long and the short of it
- A warning on companies offering "Lay-by" or "buy now pay later" services
- Minimum wage update and annualised minimum wage calculations
- Paying employees under 16 years of age
- Cash Manager Rural - cloud based development
- The Australian budget - tax measures that may affect NZ businesses
- NZX recommendation to disclose listed companies' executive pay packets
- GST filing online - how to amend errors and allowing others to manage your MyIR
- Significant changes coming to payroll reporting and administration of PAYE
- Livestock valuations - NAMV 2014-2017
- Let us know if you will receive money from overseas
- Poverty Bay A&P Show - G&D is annual sponsor of Best Pet (Lamb, Goat or Calf) competition
- Light humour: Hard of Hearing...
- Worksafe's clarification: Carrying passengers on quad bikes
- Interesting graphs and statistics - vegetation in our district and global mobility
- Beware of paying family members excessive salaries
- When in Norway…
- GST refunds must now be paid by direct credit to nominated bank account
- Improvements to how IRD charges interest on provisional tax
- Are you recording your employees' start & stop dates? How to amend them if necessary
- Applying for an IRD number made simpler
- Charities reporting regime – year two
- Taxation of insurance receipts
- New paid parental leave rules - options with other leave
- Inland Revenue information sharing with the Registrar of Companies
- ACC changes - work levy to go down
- Light humour: Well, I never...
- School expenses - are you claiming a donation rebate on your school donation?
- IRD refunds $100million to 166,000 customers... and $700m more unclaimed
- Changes to schedular payments allows contractors to chose their own tax rate
- The basic requirements of an employment agreement
- Market value of employee accommodation
- Changes to farm dwelling expenditure deductibility
- Non-structural, seismic restraints failure in last year's earthquake
- Making deductions from wages or salaries - know the rules
- Rural areas to be covered nationally by Fire & Emergency Levies - possible rates reductions for rural property owners
- New way to calculate mileage claims for business - take your odometer reading now!
- Reminder about entertainment expenses and the percentages deductible
- Light humour - Bragging!
- AirBnB - are you renting out a room?
- New minimum hourly rate from 1 April 2017
- Worksafe's ten year strategic plan
- Market rent data for Gisborne properties
- an unusual tax balance date in the UK... quite a story behind this!
- Proposed legislative changes to Trusts
- Major improvements to GST filing with MyIR
- Changes to FBT on the horizon
- Tax planning before 1 April with regards to bad debts, asset purchases, accruals and provisions and charitable donations
- Rations - what can be claimed by farmers?
- Certificates of exemption from Withholding Tax
- Hot topic - funding for the fire service from insurance levies
- emailing wages or HR enquiries - please use firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you provide food and accommodation in exchange for work? There are tax implications!
- Full time students with student loans may be able to get an exemption for repayments over summer
- KiwiSaver for temporary employees (employed for 28 days or less)
- Casual employee versus permanent part time - do you know the difference?
- Paying staff, 'Days in Lieu' and "Mondayisation" this holiday period
- Is your business cyber safe? NZ lags behind comparable economies
- Farmhouse expenses - 25% concession is changing from 2018 tax year
- Staff inductions: under-rated and underutilised
- Light humour - The thoughtful Christmas gift!
- Employment agreements must be current and up-to-date
- Smoke alarms now required in all residential rental properties
- Paying the Police for certain costs that benefit private individuals
- IRD focusing on tax compliance with regards to deducting withholding tax
- New Reserve Bank restrictions on high loan to value ratio lending
- Profit - the nuts and bolts - what can you learn from your financial statements?
- Buying a property and depending on the LIM report provided by vendor? Our tips...
- Entertainment expenses - gifts of food and drink - what can you claim?
- Don't be caught unaware by insolvent debtors
- Are you correctly filing BOTH employer forms each month?
- Light humour - You can't argue with kids!
- Unemployment rate drop points to strong economic growth
- G&D is annual sponsor of the A&P Show Pet Competition
- Dairy prices down
- Construction Contracts Act 2015 - further amendments
- Vehicle Fringe Benefit Tax - are you paying too much?
- Instant fuel discounts
- Need to correct your Employer Monthly Schedule after filing?
- Banking on the law
- Farming land sales subject to the Bright-Line test
- Charities reporting changes - common issues
- Livestock Valuations -National Average Market Values (Herd Scheme) 2014-2016
- Light humour - Poor Ole Bill
- Changes to the child support qualifying age
- KiwiSaver contributions by new employees
- Would you like to attend a refresher workshop at G&D for Banklink or Xero?
- Use of Money Interest - what is it?
- Reduced vehicle registration costs from 1 July
- Does wearing a tie increase your productivity?
- New reporting requirements for charities - do you know where you fit?
- Private use of business vehicles - are you paying FBT?
- Changes to paid parental leave for primary carers
- Reduction in mileage rates for expense claims
- GST to be charged on remote services from October 2016
- Light humour - Irish Medical Terminology
Changes to IRD's administrative systems with regards to GST and PAYE
IRD's focus areas for audits
How is your record keeping system? Recent prosecutions indicate it would be a great time to check on yours!
Rental property chattels and depreciation
New employment laws came in 1 April 2016 - what do you need to know?
NZ Superannuation - read the fine print if you want to get it!
What happens to your estate if you don't have a will?
Light Humour - They walk amongst us!
A round up of law changes in 2016:
- ACC levy changes
- Health and safety at work
- Zero hour contracts
- Enforcement of employment standards
Do you hire overseas workers? Make sure you're aware of the changes to work visas
Health and Safety when working from home or on holiday
Tenancy agreements for farm employees provided with accommodation
Thinking of purchasing a business? Be sure to do your own due diligence
No room for passive company directors - new rules bring potential personal liability
Light Humour - Dress for the job you want!?!
What is your BIC Code and how do you find it?
Are fines tax deductible?
Are you moving or travelling overseas long term? Be sure to sort your student loan obligations!
Managing your payroll with regards to the Christmas and New Year public holidays
Feejoa - a new loyalty scheme to pay off your student loan faster!
Using Toll Roads? Some options for paying the tolls due
Is your business ready for Health & Safety law changes?
Light Humour - Who says men don't remember!?!
Do you receive cash-back rewards on your credit card?
Reduction in mileage rate for 2016 year onwards
Changes to MYOB Banklink data
G&D continues to sponsor the A&P Show pet competition
Employing part time or casual workers over summer? Read this!
What are the costs of your fixed term debt? Consider benefits of changing the terms as OCR drops
Key changes regarding tax issues for the NZ housing market
Health and Safety - who will do what when new laws come into effect April 2016?
Oz tax system favours big cheeses!
Light Humour - waiting for the paternity results...
Bonuses and lump sum payments to employees - are you deducting the correct amount of tax?
Whinray Ecological Trust - did you know you can "sponsor a hectare" to help protect wildlife? We do!
Windows 10 upgrade email scam - don't get caught out!
Reduce spending by identifying "leakage" in your farming business
Rules around forfeiture of wages if an employee fails to give notice
Kiwisaver first home withdrawal changes
Are you updating your information with the Companies Office? Talk to us first!
The practice of "seasonal averaging of wages" is in the spotlight
2015 Livestock Values for NSC and Herd Schemes
New mobile app simplifying GST filing
Light Humour - If you marry an Aussie girl...
Kiwisaver: changes for first home withdrawal, and will you get the full government top up this year?
Companies Amendment Act - what do you need to do?
Minimum employment standards - some changes are proposed
ACC vehicle licencing levy reduction - maximise your registration savings now!
Has the "sharing economy" touched your business?
Variation of Employment Agreements - what you need to know
"The Budget" - an outline of changes including income tax on house sale proceeds
IRD use of money interest rates increased on 8 May
Light Humour in the Rugby World Cup year
Adult minimum wage increase from 1 April 2015
ANZAC day falls on a weekend this year - what you need to know about the first "Mondayisation"
Customers want help first, selling last. Are you giving your customers what they want?
Meetings matter - some tips for facilitating a good one
Don't forget employee start and finish dates on your IRD employer returns - they're important!
Good record keeping for business is a legal requirement - what do you need?
Social media and employment - a "private" conversation with 200 friends?
Farm expenses increased according to Statistics NZ's Price Index
Farming Women Tairawhiti - bringing together women with an interest in rural life
Light Humour - understanding cricket
Changes to paid parental leave from 1 April 2015
NZ log prices hit a nine month high
Kiwi shoppers played 'chicken' for online bargains last Christmas
Could drones reveal tax evasion in New Zealand?
The "Tea Break" Bill - changes regarding rest and meal breaks and flexible working arrangements
Is it time to review your business finance function?
Facebook for business - are you in the social media loop?
Light Humour - excuses for missing the tax return deadline...
Details regarding property revaluations completed in 2014
Are you or your staff entitled to a paid statutory holiday?
Living on high street - some astounding house prices in the UK
GDC rates remissions - some things you should know
Directors' responsibilities - is your Interests Register up to date?
Winding up a company - what needs to be done?
Employers' "Good Faith" obligations to employees
Thinking of hiring new staff? A calculator to estimate the true cost including ACC, Kiwisaver and FBT
Are you entitled to a refund on excise duty or road user charges? We can help...
January sales - check out Lasoo and Salefinder to find some great deals
Light Humour - Christmas at Grandmas / A sign of the times
Important reminders and changes regarding payments made to IRD
Kiwi websites have option to ditch .co and .org
#gigatowngis - are you part of Gisborne's bid to win Ultra Fast Broadband?
New requirements for NZ registered companies
Crowd funding - what is it?
"Mum & Dad investments" under National government - we look at Kiwisaver and energy companies
Changes to the 2015-2016 ACC levies
Renting your house out for Rhythm and Vines? Read this!
Can you claim GST on second hand goods used in your business?
Student loan repayment obligations for wage earners - don't get a bill from IRD!
Light Humour - Unforseen Outcomes
Nowhere to run to hide from tax obligations - NZ enters into new agreements with tax haven countries
Are you a Trustee? A basic reminder about the duties of Trustees
Are you a self employed junk mail delivery person? What about a pizza delivery driver?
Recycling toner cartridges into... scooter docs?
KiwiSaver guidelines for business owners
Government changes to Paid Parental Leave
"Consumable Aids" - do you have any of these on hand at balance date?
QR codes... what are they and what do they do?
Fencing costs on lifestyle blocks - a deductible expense?
Always losing receipts? Perhaps a smartphone scanning app is for you...
Light Humour - Scam Warning
Guide for agricultural vehicles used on the road and public places
Billions raised through UK tax cut - NZ's rates will no doubt debated again this election year
Deadline changes for IRD payments - if you pay by cheque you need to read this!
Ambitious World War One online database set up
No GST on food... would that change have the desired outcome?
KiwiSaver - default providers for next seven years
Drought lowers stock numbers
Managing working capital in business
Residential rental investments - some things to be aware of
Employers' ACC Earners Levy - be sure to use current tax tables for correct rates
Livestock values (NSC/Herd) for 2014 income year released
Get a head start on health and safety with a new guide for small to medium businesses
Light Humour - The Young Accountant
Companies already have their own business number - other entities to follow under new Government proposal
Tax rate change for casual agricultural employees (CAE tax code) from 1 April 2014
Pending workplace health and safety reform will be the biggest in 20 years
Minimum wage increased on 1 April 2014
A guide to vehicle expense claims: log books and fringe benefit tax
Easter and ANZAC public holidays - employer obligations
ACC first week compensation - who has the liability to pay?
ACC levy rate changes for 2014/2015 year
Light Humour - Turn yerself arount lad!
Casual employee or part time employee?
Minimum wages for farm employees
Student Loan repayments due for overseas-based borrowers
Hola! NZ's latest meat export market... Peru!
The rules for "Bad Debt" claims - important info as the financial year draws to a close
Volume does not equal profit - monitor your profitability
Fringe benefit tax
New financial reporting standards proposed for Incorporated Societies
Information deficit on performance of Kiwisaver Funds
Marineland to become a skate park
Memorable quote from Jean Baptiste Colbert
Light Humour - Counting Calories
IRD has unclaimed money owing to 71,000 people... are you one of them?
Investor wins Blue Chip appeal
Trust taxed on regular pattern of buying and selling family homes
Travel expenses for companions on business trips - that is my researcher!
Tax reforms encourage conservation plantings
New legislation makes comparing Kiwisaver providers easier
Household Economic Survey 2013 - household expenditure guide used by lenders
Use of company car may reduce tax credits and other allowances
Is ignorance bliss? Misconceptions about liability of company directors
Changes to system requirements for Banklink products
NZs Top 10 used cars 2013
Certificates of expemption needed when paying contractors
Non-taxable allowances - you can't just 'guess'!
Light Humour - The Christmas Cake Recipe
Global Competitiveness Index - NZ more competitive than Australia!
Obtaining IRD numbers for new babies
Providing complete details on GST forms - situations with nil GST effect
Taxing cashed up annual holidays correctly
Child restraint laws are changing from 1 November 2013
Checks on quad bikes - be sure to operate them safely
A reminder about interest deductions - what were the borrowed funds used for?
India beats to a different drum - a new way to tackle tax evasion
A man's salary is from Mars, a woman's salary is from...?
Transferring a pension to NZ? Urgent news here!
Advance Australia Fair - some pifalls of living in the 'lucky' country
Payment for non-attendance at work for reasons outside employees control
Eastland Rescue Helicopter Trust - support for new hangar project
Light Humour - The Benefits of Milking It
The new e-GST system
Government initiative to encourange employers to employ youth
Parental leave payments increase
Excise duty increases
"Mondayisation" of ANZAC and Waitangi days from 2014
The Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism ACT
The end of dial-up internet...
Government working to introduce GST on overseas purchases
Significant changes proposed for student loan scheme
Keeping the Wolf from the door - tough tax times in early years of business
Light Humour - Everything I needed to know, I learnt from Noah's Ark!
Useful tax snippets re: FBT on carparks, capital gains tax, capital income tax and personal tax rates
Excerpts from the budget regarding property investments and ACC levies, with comments from G&D
Tax minimisation for multi-national corporations - how do they do it?
McDonald's remove lamb from "Lambton"
2012-2013 Livestock values
Xero Business Management software - could it be beneficial for your business?
"Pro Bono Publico" work done by Graham & Dobson to support community organisations
Light Humour - Five rules for men to follow for a happy life!
New classes for ACC levies for heavy trucks and light goods and services vehicles
Use your vehicle off road? You may be able to claim refund on petrol excise levy or RUCs
ACC levy discounts may be available for those with robust health and safety systems
Minimum wage increase details
Potential changes ahead for non-residents for tax purposes, and for trustees based overseas
How is your KiwiSaver performing?
Working two jobs and have a student loan? You may be able to apply for special deduction rate
Take caution with "Tax Refund" companies. Could you do it yourself instead?
The hidden snags of cyber shopping...
From the Irish Medical Dictionary...
Light Humour - Another tale of the wrong email address!
Tax changes for employers with regards to KiwiSaver, child employees, tax codes and student loan changes
Getting your new year finances in order, a "must read" for those with a 31 March balance date
Self employed contractor or Employee?
KiwiSaver... the gift that keeps on giving? Or should you put the money on the mortgage?
Heightened exposures for company directors with regards to health and safety risks
Light Humour - A Blonde Guy joke...
End of year Best Wishes from Graham & Dobson
Tax changes in regards to assets costing $50,000+ with private use component
Tax changes on lease inducement payments
War Memorial Theatre - Platinum Donation for a worthy project
Important reminders regarding holiday season employment and cashing up annual holidays
First KiwiSaver seniors have been in scheme for five years - what now?
The making of a great entrepreneur
QANTAS loses battle over GST on missed flights - implications for NZ?
Social media and employment relationships
GST - don't get caught out with Zero Rating provisions
Travel Expenditure - what the IRD needs to know
Revenue milestone for Ravensdown
Mileage rates for business - what can you claim?
Cash for casual workers... is it really worth the risk?
GDC Rates remission categories - do you qualify?
GST input claim when transferring private assets into your new business
Without bees, no one would roll in clover! Major threats to our apiculture
Livestock valuation law change welcomed
What is intellectual property?
An advertisement kiwi-style for a great job!
Australia - the land of tax trips and traps
Inflation at lowest annual rate since 1999...
New Farm Price Index launched
Small block farms or "Lifestyle Blocks"... longstanding issues with the IRD
Work breaks as determined by the Employment Relations Act 2000
Taking the plunge... using social media for business
Sky Television - can you claim a deduction?
Bid to emulate US Success with Shale Oil
Employee trial periods - are they worth having?
Paraprosdokians... Winston Churchill loved them!
Graham & Dobson expands
Hiring contractors and the ACC Levy - are you filling in your Employer Monthly Schedule correctly?
Employees who need and IRD number - urgent applications available
"Coffee & Muffin" expenses - are they deductible?
IRD Interest and Penalties
National Average Market Values for Sheep and Beef for the 2012/12 Herd Scheme
GST Processes and controls
Who says Aussie is better for tax!?! Some interesting calculations...
ACC and accident insurance - do you have the right kind of cover?
How to avoid a tax shock
Light Humour - Elder Banking
Calculating an Employee's ESCT Rate
Casual Agricultural Workers tax rate change
New minimum wage rates
School children employees and deduction of PAYE
The hidden cash economy... how big is it?
Holiday pay and parental leave
Review of Trust Law
Obligations when ceasing to operate a business
Disease resistant Kiwifruit gives industry hope
Light Humour - In the Highlands
GST treatment of credit card surcharges and donations
Student Loan changes
The future according to Pita Alexander!
The "How Much" question... what are your plans for retirement?
Are you guilty of Re-gifting post Christmas?
"Cloud Computing" - what is it?
Light Humour - Financial advice the Kiwi way...
Eat, drink and be merry... for tomorrow we pay more tax
Dog, Horse and Saddlery allowances
GST - what is a supply?
Are you protecting your farm and future?
Tax avoidance and unrealistic salaries
The flight of the Kiwi... exodus to Australia
Motivated staff key to farm success
Festive season holiday entitlements
Palm kernel extract in the dairy farming industry
Brazen scams - don't get caught!
Light Humour - Anecdote about Neil Armstrong
Employers Superannuation Contribution Tax
Kiwisaver - exemptions from automatic enrolment rules
What is the Inland Revenue taking an interest in this year?
Fringe Benefit or Entertainment?
Changes to Gift Duty
GST on second hand goods
Child Support protected net earnings
Changes to the Student Loan scheme
Graham & Dobson Town & Around... Paul Dobson honoured
Light Humour - Anecdote about Neil Armstrong
KiwiSaver turns four with an $8billion Treasure Chest
New rules for financial services providers
When was the last time you reviewed your insurance?
IRD and offshore income
Completing your Employer Monthly PAYE Schedule
Water marks NZ as the "Real lucky country"
Tough choices ahead over interest rates
Graham & Dobson Town & Around... 2011 Sporting Excellence Awards
Light Humour - "The Taliban Test"
New GST apportionment rules for Business/Private usage of vehicles
Changes to the company tax rate
Cashing up annual holidays
Business basics - relationship building
KiwiSaver is changing - but still a good bet for retirement
Vehicle mileage rate changes for 2011 income year
NZ's export boom - can it be sustained?
Raise a glass to excise tax changes
Credit ratings... having a squeaky clean one is very useful!
Light Humour - "Under Construction"
"Family Income" defined for Working for Families Tax Credits, Community Services Cards
GST changes from 1 April 2011
Key changes to employment law from 1 April 2011
Electronic payments to the IRD
New rates for Child Support assessments
Home affordability the best in seven years according to Roost Home Affordability report
Travel expenditure - what is deductible? What records do you need to keep?
Light Humour - Retirement advice
Student Loan Scheme debt collection for serious non-compliance
Claimable entertainment expenditure
"Family Income" defined for Working for Families Tax Credits changes from 1 April 2011
Housekeeping reminder re 'blank' cheques
Employment Best Practice - what you need to know about Employment Agreements
Free VisaView checks - how to check a non-NZ worker is entitled to work in NZ
Formal written agreements for family arrangements
National Standard Costs for livestock released for 2011 year
Light Humour - Camping's Life Lessons
Acc CoverPlus Extra premiums now deductible for shareholders-employees
Your rights when IRD withholds your GST refund?
Definintion of "dwelling" clarified
Changes to the Qualifying Company / LAQC regime
Leaky buildings and tax deductions
Properties transferred to Trusts - are they really safe from Creditors?
Gift duty to be abolished in 2011
Electricity competition may force reforms
Costly spring storms
Graham & Dobson town and around...
Light Humour - "Christmas Turkey"
Casual Agriculture Employees (CAE) tax rate changes
GST fractions to use for the new 15% rate
Obligations under a Service Tenancy
Leases with Associated Persons
Tax treatment for payments to employees - relocation costs, overtime meals, allowances
IRD Survey says tax compliance takes less time!
Kiwi's missing out on interest from savings
Depreciation Bias between residential landlords and commercial landlords
Business Forward Newsletter launched
Light Humour - "Pirated"
BUSINESS FORWARD - ISSUE ONE - OCTOBER 2010
Looking ahead... how we can help
Plan, plan, plan to stay in business
Key points of a business plan
SWOT your business, stun your market
- Upcoming GST rate changes - are you prepared?
- Petrol Rebates for Farmers - make sure you claim back your Excise Duty
- Cheques in full settlement of debt
- Bank accounts
- Want to create your own PDF Documents for free?
- It's good and it's true... IRD changes re depreciation on employees' vehicles
- A&P Show pet competition sponsored by Graham & Dobson
- Light Humour - An act of bravery at the Football World Cup
- Households saving more
- Kiwisaver and business transfers
- Changes to withholding tax rules affecting fruit crops, vegetables and viticulture
- Tips for creating strong Pa$Sw0rd$
- No tax on Kiwisaver first home subsidy
- paying income tax from trading
- Light Humour - An act of bravery at the Football World Cup
- Is your business ready for a GST increase?
- GST Increase - commercial issues
- GST Increase - practical business considerations
- International recession bikes farming incomes
- Legal expenditure: Capital vs. Revenue
- Selling property "Off the plan"
- Trusts and Prescribed Investor Rates (PIRs)
- Light Humour - Fishing NZ style
- Mending the broken tax system!
- Tax working group targets depreciation
- How would a land tax work?
- Asset class lessons... shares, bonds, commodities
- Student loan threshold remains the same
- Changes to RWT rates
- Light Humour - Australian Tourism
- Tax tip re working directors and company shares
- Auditor Blues and the Duke of Wellington
Avoiding Bad Calls - mobile phone use while driving
- Mileage rate for business use of motor vehicles - 3 methods
- Payroll giving scheme for charitable donations
- From kilobytes to terabytes... to petabytes!
- Light Humour - The New Employee Bricks Test
- Your credit rating - new reporting system with Veda Advantage
- Tax implications of renting out your holiday home
- NZ Agriculture - supply adjusting to land use changes
- Rental properties - an oversupply puts pressure on the market
- Retirement savings portability - trans Tasman possibilities
- Tax free beer? Boutique breweries and excise tax
- Light humour - Inner Peace
- Giving credit to trade creditors - information about the Personal Properties
Securities Register (PPSR)
- Student Loans - 10% bonus on voluntary repayments
- Personal tax cuts deferred
- The IRD and realistic salaries... business structures and taxation
- More help with Childcare and OSCAR subsidies
- Kiwisaver in the black!
- Light humour - New-age proverbs completed by school children
- Winning in challenging times... be pro-active and positive!
- Mortgage break fees in times of dropping interest rates
- Changes to personal tax rate thresholds in the coming years
- Initiatives for reducing tax compliance costs for small and medium sized enterprises
- 90 day employment trial periods
- Barter deals / swaps / shared labour - the tax implications of these
- Light humour - The world according to... cows!
- Tough challenges for Farm Industries
- Changes to the KiwiSaver Scheme from 1 April 2009
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cars - should you buy or lease?
- Voluntary administration for insolvent companies
- Half full or half empty? A few snippets of good news we found...
- A piece of philosophy - "The mayonnaise jar and two cups of coffee"
- Family tax credit increases from April 2009
- FBT interest rate rise for low-interest loans
- New secondary tax rate from April 2010
- Regional state of play: the housing market, growth and tourism
- House Insurance: Where does your premium go?
- Banks tighten up lending
- Turn, turn, turn: a new government - time for change!
- Uncertain times: reminders regarding cash position, stock, debtors and cost management
- Light Humour
- "Fraud Proof" your Business
- Compliance Costs
- Warren Buffet's current view on the Financial Markets
- Log prices keep rising
- IRD and LAQC Audits regarding residential rental properties
- Four drawer filing cabinets surplus to requirements for sale at Graham & Dobson
- Light Humour
- Improvements for small and medium sized enterprises
- KiwiSaver and Employer Contributions
- Buying and selling property - Q&A on tax implications
- Obtaining new IRD numbers for individuals - new process to prevent identity theft
- Tax rebates on redundancy payments
- Light Humour
- Tax issues for investors in failed finance companies
- Alert to taxpayers receiving income from personal services through a company or trust structure
- Jared Ingoe resigns as Principal of Graham & Dobson
- Donations and rebates
- Budget highlights
- Herd scheme values announced
- Light Humour
- Company tax rate reduction
- Withholding payment regulations - are you confused?
- Your business - a goldmine or a coffin?
- Livestock National Standard Cost Values 2008
- Drought help
- Reminder our phone number has changed to 869 1234
- Light Humour
- Change of dates for Provisional Tax Instalments
- End of financial year checklist (things to do that may save you tax!)
- Reminder our phone number has changed to 869 1234
- Light Humour
- Kiwi Saver Enrolments
- GST & Provisional Tax - a new option
- Carbon Units
- Trusts and the IRD
- Online source of up to date interest rates for both borrowers and investors
- GST and late filing penalties
- Government issuing discussion document on ways to reduce compliance cost for business - YEAH RIGHT!
- Tips for landlords and residential properties
- Applications for the 2008 Hill Country Farmers of the Year Award are now being accepted
- Reminder of Graham & Dobson new telephone number
- Fringe Benefit Tax and Cars
- Investors new PIE investment structures. Supply your PIR!
- Renewing securities on the PPSR after 5 years
- E-mail newsletter winner
- Light humour
- From the IRD Corner
- Graham & Dobson Website
- Minor Beneficiary Rule Clarification
- Depreciation of your rental
- KiwiSaver Tips
- Charities Commission Newsflash
- Newsletter via e-mail
- Light Humour
- Drought Affected Farmers
- Budget Highlights
- Tired, Listless, Lacking Energy?
- Selling a Business
- Livestock - 2007 Herd Values
- Newsletters via the web
- Light Humour
NB. All links open in a new window.